Metered Water Softeners (Single)
About Meter-Based Regeneration for Water Softeners:
Metered Water Softeners (or Demand Water Softeners) are prompted to regenerate based on the amount of water that has passed through the unit. Like the timered softeners, these can be programmed to regenerate at a certain time of day. Instead of regenerating on a specific day as a timered softener does, the metered softener does not schedule a regeneration until the specified amount of water have passed through the softener. These units can save water by preventing unnecessary regenerations since it does not regenerate until the resin is near its capacity.
About Water Softening:
Hard Water contains dissolved minerals in the form of Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), and Iron (Fe). Removal of these minerals is accomplished by softening the water through an ion exchange process using a water softener. As the water flows through the mineral tank of the water softener, the dissolved minerals become attached to the resin, creating soft water. Over a period of time the resin in the water softener will become exhausted, and the water softener will regenerate using a brine solution produced from the salt in the brine tank.
Advantages to Using a Water Softener:
- Higher Quality Drinking Water
- Prevents Hard Water Scale
- Prevents Staining on Bathroom & Kitchen Fixtures as well as Dishes, Dishwasher, Washing Machine and Clothes
- Significantly Reduces Soap and Cleaning Product Consumption
- Provides Excellent Grooming & Cosmetic Benefits
- Reduces Water Heating Costs
- Prolongs the Life of Water Heaters, Icemakers, Dishwashers, Coffeemakers and Plumbing Fixtures.
There are no products matching the selection.